Let 2021 Be The Year of Growth & Success for Your Electrical Contracting Business!!
Electrician Marketing: As the holiday season begins and your fiscal year ends, now’s not the time to celebrate and relax. While the world is busy celebrating new beginnings, you can spend your time working on your plans for the next year. The presenters at marketing workshops and business planning seminars are not the only ones with great ideas for your 2021 business plans. The expert opinion of your digital marketing partner is also very important if you want 2021 to be the year of growth and success for your electrical contracting business.
Our marketing experts have come up with a list of the top 6 ideas for Electrician Marketing that you could use in your 2021 Electrician Marketing campaign. With these Electrician Marketing ideas incorporated into your marketing campaign, the following results are guaranteed:
- A substantial boost in your sales as well as your leads;
- Optimized marketing costs for the next year; and
- They will give your brand a competitive edge over your competitors.
So, let’s get right to it!
1. Establish a strong brand!
The strength of your brand has a significant effect on your digital marketing campaigns for electricians. Not only does a strong brand ensure customer satisfaction but also helps create awareness. Moreover, a powerful brand plays a vital role in establishing a credible reputation for your electrical business. Therefore, you need to define your ideal customer before you can begin building a powerful brand.
How to define your Customer Avatar?
- Keep your customers’ perspective in mind – The first step to defining your Customer Avatar is to look at your services through the eyes of your customers. Do your services offer a practicable and reliable solution to any problem the customers are facing? Do your services play any role in helping them live better lives? Which of the services you offer are of the utmost importance to your customers? Are there any competitive advantages your competitors might have against you? Under what circumstances would your customers choose your competitors instead of you?
- Be clear about the demographics of your customers– What age group, social class, education backgrounds, academic levels, and occupations do your target customers belong to? What about their financial backgrounds and their annual income levels?
- Be specific about their location– Where are your ideal customers located? Where do they work? Which location do they search for your services from?
- Identify their buying strategy– How do your ideal customers reach their buying decisions? What is their buying strategy? Do they conduct in-depth research before reaching the final decision? Do they interact with you before making the purchase? How do they contact you? Through email, live-chat, phone call, or in person? Can your business be affected by the changes in the weather or consumers’ tastes?
Where to look for the said information
Electrical contractors can get the answers to the aforementioned questions from their field management and customer relationship management (CRM) software. These two pieces of software are the best place to look for such information. This will allow you to come up with a detailed profile of your ideal customer. Regardless of which software you use, be it FieldPulse, Service Titan, or any other CRM software, you can use it to recognize your customer avatar. Here’s how to do it.
- Narrow down profitable service areas – Generate a report providing you with city-based information on closing revenue. This will help you narrow down some of the most profitable service areas for your business.
- Classify your customers into different kinds – Generate a report that lists the different kinds of projects you worked on in 2020. Analyze each of these projects and compare their respective levels of profitability. See if there were any service lines that were more profitable than the others. Which customers did you earn the most revenue from? Which customers did you earn the least from?
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses –Narrow down the areas of your success as well as those of your failure. Ask yourself if you had any growth initiatives in place for 2020 and whether or not you met them.
- Look for any flaws in the sales process – See if you failed to meet your revenue goals despite the successful lead generation efforts of your Electrician Marketing team. Should that be the case, you need to take another look at the conversion rates of your sales team. There may be a leak in your revenue.
Be Aware of Your Competitive Advantages
Competitive advantages are the key features of your business that make it a better choice for your target customers. Competitive advantages give you an edge over your competition. Not only should your team members be well aware of these advantages but your audience should also be well-informed about them.
Make sure that your competitive advantages are properly listed on your website. Some of the most common competitive advantages include fast response rate, high quality, reasonable prices, and availability in emergencies, etc.
A minimalist approach is an ideal way to go in this case. Although your business may have quite a long list of accomplishments under its belt but, for marketing, you might want to focus on the most important one. No matter how many positive features your website has, for your electrical marketing campaign, target the most prominent one of them. On an external level, this helps you draw a fine line between you and your competitors. On an internal level, it encourages a detailed discussion about your marketing strategy and how it should be formulated.
2. Conduct an In-Depth Audit of Your Marketing Strategy
Make it a point to develop a detailed marketing strategy for 2021, if you haven’t already. However, you cannot relax even if you do come up with a flawless marketing plan for 2021. The future is uncertain and so are the market situations you may come across in 2021. Therefore, you will need to conduct regular audits of your marketing strategy and make alterations wherever needed. Just as the Coronavirus forced more than half of the world’s population into lockdowns in 2020, anything could happen in the future. Do you have any backup plan for any unwanted or unexpected situations you might come across? What steps will you need to take to stay in business? This should explain why regular audits are of the utmost importance for the smooth functioning of your electrical business.
3. Build an Impressive Electrician Website
“The first impression is the last impression.” This is exactly how it works for websites. You only get one chance to leave a good impression on your visitors. And that impression has to be made within the first few seconds of their visit. Should you fail to do that, you will lose them forever. Therefore, make sure your website’s design leaves a positive impression of your brand.
Here’s a list of some of the most critical elements of a web design for electricians:
- User-Friendliness – Design your website while keeping the needs of your customers in mind. You won’t be using the website, your clients and prospects will. Therefore, they must be able to get easier and faster access to the information they need.
- Easier Navigation – Your audience should be able to navigate through the different sections of your website with ease. Make sure your menus are neither too confusing nor too difficult to navigate through.
- Mobile-Friendliness – More than half of the internet searches are generally done through mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets, etc. Therefore, mobile-friendliness is a feature you can never compromise on. Your website’s mobile-friendliness is crucial to your SERP rank. In addition to this, it is also very important for providing your customers (both existing and potential) with the best user experience.
- Security – Getting an SSL certificate installed on the hosting environment of your website certifies that it is an HTTPS website, not HTTP. This is a proof of your website’s trustworthiness. In other words, any information your visitors share with the website is safe and cannot be accessed by third-parties. This allows your audience to trust your website. Consequently, they decide to engage freely with your content and take their time browsing through the different sections of your website. In addition to that, an SSL certificate also helps boost your website’s rank in the search results; thus, increasing your credibility.
- Fast Loading Speed – A lightning-fast loading speed is of the utmost importance if you want your visitors to engage with your website. More than 50% of the users usually exit a website if it fails to load within three seconds. Therefore, be very careful about your website’s loading speed.
4. Pay attention to Local SEO
Do not treat your website as the online version of a brochure for your business. It is one of the most important marketing tools running in a never-ending loop. It runs every minute of every day, without a break, just to help you get more leads and clients. A significant portion of your sales and client-base comes directly from your website. That is because a major portion of your target audience turns to the internet for information and recommendations.
However, a website that doesn’t even appear in the search results holds no value. This is why you need to pay attention to local SEO (Local Search Engine Optimization for Electricians). Local SEO helps your website appear in the SERPs relating to your business’s geographical location. This means that every time someone from your geographical location searches for electricians, your website will appear on the SERPs. Additionally, your business will also appear in Google’s map listings. This will help your local prospects to find your business’s physical location.
5. Start a blog
Blogging is one of the most essential and yet underrated Electrician Marketing strategies you could adopt for 2021. That’s probably because it requires a lot of effort and is a time-consuming process. However, the benefits of successfully running a blog are worth the effort. Especially if you manage to earn a featured snippet, it can do wonders for your Electrician Marketing campaign.
One of the most important things for you to remember is that Google’s main objective is to offer the most relevant answers to the users’ queries. Relevance is the most important factor when it comes to your SERP ranking. Therefore, your blog’s content has to be relevant to the questions and concerns of your target audience. Moreover, providing answers to the most frequently asked questions (FAQs) generally directed at electricians will definitely get Google’s attention. When that happens, snippets of your answers will be featured atop the Google SERPs. That spot on the Google search engine results page is called “position zero”.
With highly relevant and informative content on both your website and blog, you can greatly improve your SERP ranking. In addition to this, you might even be able to get your snippets featured on position zero. Moreover, many people in search of electricians are using voice search to enter their queries. This type of Google search is not only quite efficient and quick but also very popular among users. For queries entered through voice search, Google offers featured snippets in audio. This means that your featured snippets for voice search can be read out loud instead of being presented in the text format. The featured snippets for voice search are greatly valued by Google.
6. Make an investment in paid search engine advertising
Paid search engine marketing is one of the most effective and less time-consuming ways to market your electrical contracting business. It includes the following:
- Google Local Service Ads – Google’s local service ads could go a long way in helping you reach your local prospects. Anyone running a local search for electricians would be able to find you on the SERPs. It is not only a budget-friendly marketing strategy but will also land you the top spot on the SERPs.
- Pay Per Click (PPC) – PPC advertising for electricians is one of the most critical means to highly qualified leads for your electrical contracting business. PPC ads are ideal for helping your team acquire high-quality leads within a short period. They’re also quite efficient and effective in ensuring a long-term boost in your conversion rates. With a healthy PPC advertising campaign, your business is destined to thrive for a very long time.
- Social Media Marketing (SMM) – A vast majority of the world’s population logs in to their social media accounts at least once a day. The same is the case with your clients and prospects. The only difference lies in their individual preferences for one platform over the other. While some of them like Facebook’s interface, some others might enjoy using Twitter or Instagram even more. Thus, when they need to find an electrician, the first place they’d ask for recommendations is their preferred social media account. Hence, a healthy social media presence is of the utmost importance to reach the audience you’re targeting.
- Remarketing/ Retargeting – Remarketing campaigns are directed at the recent visitors to your website. They are the people who interacted with your website but did not go through with the purchase. Remarketing ads serve as a reminder of your business and the products or services you offer. Just like Google’s Local Service advertising, remarketing campaigns are also quite effective and budget-friendly.
- Email Marketing – Email marketing is a sure-shot way to reach both your existing and potential clients. However, a successful email marketing campaign requires you to maintain a proper email list of your clients and prospects. Email marketing for electricians is a highly effective marketing strategy for staying in the minds of your target audience.
Let Marketing By Ali help you formulate your Electrician Marketing Plan for 2021
The year 2020 has been a year of struggle for most of us. However, 2021 is a symbol of hope for new beginnings; a flicker of light amidst the darkest hour of the night. This is exactly why you need to make the most out of these 2021 Electrician Marketing ideas and ensure a successful new year laced with opportunities and growth for your business.
Hire Marketing By Ali today to get professional help in the construction and implementation of your marketing strategy for 2021. Our marketing experts for home services are forever ready to help you out. So, get in touch with us online!